Coronavirus Actions in Place at Lincoln Military Housing
To Our Military Families and Valued Residents-
As our communities continue to feel the impacts of the Coronavirus, we think it is important to share with you what additional precautionary measures Lincoln Military Housing is taking to help prevent the spread of the virus in our communities and keep our families and team members safe and healthy.
Growing concerns over the spread of COVID-19 have initiated several local and state governments across the country to temporarily close businesses and ban large gatherings in their communities. These steps are being taken so that it is easier to practice social distancing, which is meant to slow the spread of the virus.
Lincoln Military Housing is dedicated to the well-being and health of our residents and team members, and we will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as soon as they become available.
On-Site Operational Impacts
Our doors are closed, to the public, but we're still open for business.
Taking cues from the CDC and various state and municipalities, social distancing should always be practiced to help minimize the spread of the virus when you are in the community or just running to the grocery store. This includes trying to keep a 6-foot distance between yourself and others.
Our teams are here to serve you. Our team members will continue to be on-site and available to assist our residents by phone and email. Please contact us, we are here to help. The district office will be temporarily closed to support social distancing.
Your feedback is important to us, and we want to ensure we provide you with options to address your needs, suggestions, and the process to escalate it, should that be necessary. To escalate any concerns, please use the three-step-process. Click here to submit your feedback.
We are continuing to take maintenance requests for emergency, urgent, and life health safety concerns. We are postponing responses to routine work orders inside homes and preventative maintenance requests on occupied homes until May 1, 2020.
If you have an urgent or emergency maintenance request, we will ask qualifying questions to identify any potential risk of exposure to COVID-19. This will ensure the most appropriate response to protect the safety of our residents and our teams. Pending your response, the request will be addressed as quickly as possible.
- Q1: Has anyone in the home tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Q2: Has anyone in the home traveled to any country within the last 14 days for which the CDC has issued a pandemic-related Level 3 Travel Health Notice?
- Q3: Has anyone in the home come into contact with any individual that has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Q4: Has anyone in the home had a fever of 100°F or more, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, body aches, or experienced a new loss of taste or smell within the last 14 days?
If the answer for a household is "yes" to any of the above questions, the team will be unable to complete the request unless it is an emergency. The requests below are considered emergency service requests and will be handled as quickly as possible:
The requests below are emergency, urgent, and life health safety concerns. Maintenance requests will be handled as quickly as possible:
- Broken Locks/Keys/Windows
- Chipping paint inside lead base paint homes
- Carbon monoxide detector inoperable/ beeping
- Faucet running/ can’t turn off
- Garage Door Unable to Close
- Heating/ Air Conditioning Outage in extreme temperatures/medical conditions
- Inoperable oven/stove*
- Inoperable microwave*
- Inoperable garbage disposal*
- Kitchen Sink Backed Up (Inoperable/Both Sides)
- Light Fixtures, Receptacles Not Working (Sparking or Shorting Only)
- Lock Outs
- LMH Owned Washer & Dryer not working*
- Natural Gas Leak
- No Hot Water
- Plumbing / Toilet Stoppages / Tub/Shower clogged*
- Power Outage
- Refrigerator Inoperable
- Sewage Back-Up
- Smoke detector inoperable/ beeping
- Water intrusion inside the home
- Water/utility outage
*These items are added to urgent classification on a temporary basis during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Should your home need air filters or light bulbs, please contact your district office or your maintenance team, and we will be happy to drop by and leave them outside your front door.
Delayed or suspended PCS orders:
We understand some of our families have received notice of delayed or suspended PCS orders. If you need to extend your move out date, please contact your district office, and we will gladly extend your move date. Our team will be reaching out regularly to check-in for any updates on pending moves.
Additionally, we feel it's essential to do our part to assist in government guidance on social distancing, therefore effective immediately, we will be:
- Suspending all resident events.
- Closing all common areas until May 1, 2020. This includes:
- Fitness Centers
- Tot Lots
- And any additional common areas.
We will monitor the situation daily and resume standard business procedures as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance for your patience as we navigate through this challenging situation one day at a time and determine how to best serve our communities, our families, and our team members.
Thank you from the Lincoln Military Housing team.